Alan Morgan – Impressioning
Saturday 02/03/19 11:00am – 2:00pm
Out of stock
Saturday 02/03/19 11:00-14:00
Duration: 3 hours
Attendees must be trading locksmiths or law enforcement and MUST BRING THEIR OWN IMPRESSIONING FILE, PIPPIN OR ROUND.
- Teaching an effective way to generate keys to pin tumbler locks by impressioning.
- Hands on techniques, tips and tricks.
- Types of blanks and selection.
- Essential key preparation.
- Files, magnifiers and handles.
- Why it marks.
- Where to look.
- What to look for.
- Ways to file.
- Demonstration and practice with advice while you are each filing keys.
Skill Level: For those who fully understand how pin cylinders work and have some knowledge of key cutting. Must have manual dexterity, good eyesight or at least able to use a magnifier. Must know how to use a file on metal correctly.
The class will teach all you need to know, but mastering this skill is like lock picking – It takes practise. Practise, practise, practise. Some locks are set up to act as two or three pin in case anybody is having difficulty. I do like everybody to try a five or six pin cylinder in class though. However when practising in your own workshop afterwards it may be better to remove a pin or two in order to save time until you have really cracked this skill. This will cover standard cylinder locks not dimple keys, sidebar or car locks or any disc tumbler mechanisms.